Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 29 Aug 2008 00:56

I upset everbody with my complaints about the misuse of nudges etc., but admitted defeat, and sorry if I upset anyone.

Glen in Tinsel Knickers has send me some info on how to upload census images to FTM but I just can't find it. He says he has added it to me thread, but it isn't there that I can see, and he isn't replying to me cos he is probably so cross with me.

Can anyone help please? I feel guilty in asking you after I had such a go at some of you. Sorry.

Margaret.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 29 Aug 2008 01:37

Margaret

Have you checked out this thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1075479&px=0

I have never tried adding census image to FTM so can not help with this

Maureen

Lost for Words ;-)

Lost for Words ;-) Report 29 Aug 2008 02:08

Hi Margaret

You have to save the image first. Then in FTM click on the scrapbook of the person you want to add the image to - right click in the box and select 'Insert image from file' browse to where you saved the image and select it - click Ok and Ok again and the image should appear in the box. If you then click on the drawer symbol below the image you can add a caption and other details.

Regards
LfW

This is the link to Glens info

http://www.familytreeforum.com/family-tree-software-hints-tips/39399-ftm-baptisms-2.html

But it isn't instructions on how to add images, more how to record what images you have and how to add them to notes. I prefer to copy them into a word document and add them to the scrapbook. I also use Glens method of recording them in Facts so I can see which census I have or haven't got.