Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

threads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rose

Rose Report 30 Aug 2008 22:52

Hi everyone,

Another newbie here looking for some tips, How do I close down a thread, they're starting to build up but I have sorted these ones.

Thanks

Rose

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 30 Aug 2008 23:05

If you initiated the thread............

Look at your first posting........and the bottom right of the box.

Click on Delete

Rose

Rose Report 30 Aug 2008 23:49

Ericthered,

hi, I'm such an idiot sometimes, I seriously wonder how I got to be sixty odd, must have been the sixties and all that, thanks a lot

rose

Ardaion

Ardaion Report 30 Aug 2008 23:54

You don't have to delete the threads, some time in the future you may want to read them back??

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 30 Aug 2008 23:55

Well, Rose, don't worry. I am only 50-odd and I don't understand a word of how to close down a thread! Must read it again, probably need to print it out first!

Happy hunting

Margaret

mgnv

mgnv Report 31 Aug 2008 17:04

Don't delete the thread - others may find it useful and all the replies will be lost, too. Instead, change the title so that the word SORTED appears. you can easily mentally skip over these when you're looking thru "My threads".