Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry look up PLEASE.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 1 Sep 2008 09:51

Can someone help me please?

I am trying to find imformation on Samuel Winter. He was born in Topsham, Devon 24/11/1700 and his parents (I think ) were Samuel Winter and Frances.

I found an entry on Ancestry in there BMD 1530-1906 section but have no membership.

Please can some very kind person let me now the imformation that is just out of arms reach!!!

Julie

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 1 Sep 2008 10:05

(multiple posting on general & RO)

ChristinaS

ChristinaS Report 1 Sep 2008 11:38

Whereabouts did you see this? I can't see a BMD 1530-1906 section on Ancestry.

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 1 Sep 2008 11:59

It's not BMD but Christening Records 1530-1906.

Must be new as I haven't come across it before.

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 1 Sep 2008 12:09

There is also a related data base :England and Wales Marriages 1538-1940.

England & Wales Marriages, 1538-1940

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. England & Wales Marriages, 1538-1940 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2008. Original data: Genealogical Society of Utah. British Isles Vital Records Index, 2nd Edition. Salt Lake City, Utah: Intellectual Reserve, copyright 2002. Used by permission.
About England & Wales Marriages, 1538-1940
This database contains information extracted from marriage records from selected various counties in England and Wales. The records date from 1538 to 1940. The records included in this database do not represent all localities in England and Wales and for any given area, coverage (both records within a year and total year range) may not be complete. Some parishes and counties are more complete than others.

For more information about this database, click here.
This database contains information extracted from marriage records from selected various counties in England and Wales. The records date from 1538 to 1940. The records included in this database do not represent all localities in England and Wales and for any given area, coverage (both records within a year and total year range) may not be complete. Some parishes and counties are more complete than others.

Information extracted includes:

Marriage date

Marriage place

Spouse names

Spouse ages

Spouse birth dates

Names of parents

Names of grandparents

Whether previously married

Related Database:

England & Wales Christening Records, 1538-1906