Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What now?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Martin

Martin Report 2 Sep 2008 00:10

I have managed to trace my grandmother and grandather, who were not married, in the records. I have their full names and address from 1919 but I have no idea of what I can do now to see if I can trace any other descendants? My Father was placed into care at birth so therefore we have no records of his family history until we have recently found our grandparents on the records.
Can anyone help on what we do now?
Thanks
Martin

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 2 Sep 2008 00:15

Were they born before 1901? Perhaps we can find them on the census.

Martin

Martin Report 2 Sep 2008 19:49

I have found my grandfather on the 1901 census but my grandmother was born sometime in 1901 so is not shown. But we do know where they were both residing in 1919. What we are trying to find out now is what happened to them after this? Did they marry, each other of someone else? Have more children? etc etc...
This seems to be harder.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 2 Sep 2008 19:55

Have you checked FreeBMD to see if they married each other?

Heather

Heather Report 2 Sep 2008 20:17

Take it you have checked the trees on here using the search tree button at the top of the page?