Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Someone Help Me Please Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steven

Steven Report 2 Sep 2008 07:43

I have hit one of those brick walls and cant go back any further on my family tree,can someone please offer some advice.
I am wanting to find out the birth date and parents names of my great great grandfather.
I have the following information
Name: John Albert Ernest Johnson
Died:10 Sept 1942 in Adelaide South Australia
Age At Death:68 years
Wife:Margaret Myers
Married:30-3-1895 in Adelaide
Age When Married :22 years
Born: ABT 1873
Fathers Name:George Johnson (on marriage index)
Birthplace:Sydney NSW (On Death Certificate)
I have obtained his death certificate from BDM SA and have got other SA info from Kerri.
I have checked the BDM in NSW but there is no John Johnson born in 1873 who's fathers name is George Johnson.
Where can i get any more info on him..PLEASE HELP ME...thanks

Stevendeg

Stevendeg Report 2 Sep 2008 09:01

Hi Steven, I have NSW BMD of CD-Rom. I am not sure if it is him.

Johnson, John
Birth of Year: 1875
Father: George
Mother: Elizabeth
Place of Reg: Wellington
Reg No: 21398.

George Johnson was married to Elizabeth Gallimore in Wellington on 1865. Reg No: 3436.

Cheers, Steven.

Steven

Steven Report 2 Sep 2008 09:12

Thanks Steven but i have seen that one and the years dont match up...btw how far is Wellington from Sydney ??

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Sep 2008 14:17

Hi Steven
Wellington in in New Zealand not Australia
Margaret from Oz

Denise

Denise Report 2 Sep 2008 22:34

Hi Steven There is a Wellington in NSW.It is approx. 3 hrs drive[ now] from Sydney. It is out near Mudgee/ Dubbo area.[ west of Sydney]

Valerie

Valerie Report 3 Sep 2008 01:29

You could have the NSW certificate checked out by 'Joy Murrin's Transcription Service (on-line) - her fee abt $15. ....Valerie

Stevendeg

Stevendeg Report 3 Sep 2008 11:19

Hi Steven, 1875 is close to 1873.

I have read a notice that "Never believe everything on a birth, death or marriage certificate".

Cheers, Steven.