Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone tell me if this is a real website?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 2 Sep 2008 20:28

Hi everyone,

I keep getting messages saying someone has sent me an e-card the info on this message is http://mulepost.com/e-card.exe then it also has on it at the bottom
http://www.greetingcard.com

I have never opened any of these as it doesn't say who sent them, any idea if this is a real website? and if so why is the person's name not on it.

Betty

Carol

Carol Report 2 Sep 2008 20:45

The fact that it's got a ,exe extention is enough to tell that it's probably a virus.

.exe means executable, a program that will run on opening it.

Carol
www.genealogyprinters.com

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 2 Sep 2008 20:48

Hi Carole,

Thanks for the information I didn't know about .exe meaning executable. As I said I never opened it thank god.
Thanks for your help and information too.

They say you learn something new every day well I have!!

Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 2 Sep 2008 21:08

Hi Sue,

Yes I have already got rid of it I thought there was something fishy about it, thanks for your message.

Betty

Iain001

Iain001 Report 2 Sep 2008 23:04

Hi Betty

I have been getting loads of these recently, some are blocked by my spam filter, but others make there way through somehow.
Mine are definetely all spam.

Iain

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 2 Sep 2008 23:51

I use a beautiful greeting card company based in UK they always send the recipient an email saying that I (my full name) have sent them the card. I have been using this co. for over a year now without any problems and always my people say how lovely it is to receive these inspiring cards.

As already said, best not to open unless it says who has sent you it.

chica