Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

.asp file? CENSUS RETURN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nutsabouttrees

nutsabouttrees Report 4 Sep 2008 10:39

Can anyone help please?
I have paid GR to view records which I was able look up quickly the other evening on my daughter's laptop?
I have now made time this morning to print off the pages but can only view the 'individual sheets' not the full census form.
My computer tells me windows cannot open the file. It is an asp file.
Can anybody give me any clues how to open the file? - it looks very complicated on the web.
Many thanks

nutsabouttrees

nutsabouttrees Report 4 Sep 2008 11:01

Thanks for the reply Rachael.
I know I have been able to open these files on this computer before. It has been repaired since though and I can't find the file to open the .asp files.
I think I'm just determined to view them again as I have paid for the service and should be able to access them for seven days. (Which I probably can on another computer, but I wanted to use this one so I can print them off.)
Thanks anyway :)

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 4 Sep 2008 13:13

Using GR to access records is the most expensive way of doing it and one of the least reliable too.

Better to go for a sub to Ancestry or Findmypast.

There are free trials you can try for Ancestry.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 4 Sep 2008 14:42

A .asp page/file is an active server page containing server processed script, I doubt that the file you are trying to view is .asp, probably failing to open on the server.

nutsabouttrees

nutsabouttrees Report 4 Sep 2008 15:01

Thank you all!
I hate to give up when I come across a problem but I think after all you offer some sound advice!
Thanks again!
Cx ;)