Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1966 Adoption Help needed.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lrain

Lrain Report 4 Sep 2008 12:23

I have been asked if I could help find a friends mother who gave her up for adoption in 1966. I have never done anything like this and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction. the details we have are

Mother: Doreen Ward occupation: Drapers Assistant
Father: no name recorded

Child : Gail Ward
born: 12 Abyffinia Grove Leeds 3
d.o.b: 14/11/1966

d.o.A: 24/11/1966
with a silver locket to be given to Gail when she was older also not to be taken in to a Catholic family.

Any help would be most appreciated.
**Lrain**

Heather

Heather Report 4 Sep 2008 12:47

Lrain, I appreciate you want to help your friend but it is not wise to have the full details of a living person shown on a site open to the world wide web.

You have actually given enough detail there for an identity fraud.

There are some brilliant people on here who can help with finding birth families and Im sure they will come along - or you can use a search with the key word Adoption in it. But in the meantime, you should really remove the personal details you have given above.

Lrain

Lrain Report 4 Sep 2008 12:54

Heather Posi

Thank you so much I didn't realise how stupid. I have removed some of the details.

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 4 Sep 2008 12:57

Lrain

You must edit the details

There may be a slight chance the child doesn't know she is adopted ( not all adoptees are told) and if she were to stumble across this post (or perhaps members of her adoptive family) were to do so then it might come as a huge shock.

******Cross posted with Lrain.

I will leave the post for the benefit of others"""

Glen