Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nimrod12

nimrod12 Report 4 Sep 2008 20:02

Can anyone help, I`ve made a mess of my tree, I added the wrong g-grandparents and now can`t get rid of them. It looks as if I have to start again, I`ve deleted some but dont know what to do now.

Tweedy

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 4 Sep 2008 20:20

You can't delete them because they have descendants.

The easiest way is to click on the "wrong" names and use the edit option to rename them.
If that doesn't work then you will either have to delete all their descendants (starting with the nearest generation to the present day) or you could contact GR with all the details of who should be where and hope they can edit it for you.

It's one of the worst quirks of the GR tree builder, really you should be using a software programme, it's easy to edit an error then import your tree rather than faff around with things on here.

Glen