Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bookmarks.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 4 Sep 2008 22:18

A lot of people on here spend a lot of time researching loads of stuff for loads ofd people. We love doing it, but it really annoys us when we get no feed back for our efforts.
I'm sure that some of you sinply forget to Bookmark your threads.and because of busy traffic you probably don't even see the fruits of our work on your behalf.
BOOKMARK your enquiry, then you can retrieve our answers without trawling through loads of rubbish.
Not looking for thanks...just for acknowledgement
Derek

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 4 Sep 2008 22:41

I agree well said Derek!!

Betty

Derek

Derek Report 4 Sep 2008 22:42

Hey Betty from Dundee.I think we spoke once on another thread! Thanks for answering!!

Barbara

Barbara Report 4 Sep 2008 23:00

Hi Derek, This is the first time I have browsed this section do you help people search for family members? Regards Barbara. Oh, and I do agree with what you say it takes nothing to say thank you.

Derek

Derek Report 4 Sep 2008 23:02

Hi Barbara..nice to hear from you..I do what i can!!...any help I can give..I do..tht's what an awful lot of fo0lk do on here......we're addicts!! but we like helping people!
Derek

Barbara

Barbara Report 4 Sep 2008 23:22

Hi Alice, I don't know where to start first anyway here goes, I am having trouble with both sides of my family so I'll just start with one. I am trying to find Elizabeth Charlotte Gibbings, she Married John Knox Morgan 6-5-1888 in Plymouth her father is on the marraige cert as James Gibbings (deceased) her mother was called Charlotte but not sure of her maiden name, Charlotte had also been married to a Lewis Davies and I have found Elizabeth and John on the 1901 census at 32 Victorey Street East Devonport Plymouth and living with them was a Cahrlotte Davis mother-in-law and a widow. Elizabeth had a sister called Eliza. Can you help? Regards Barbara.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 4 Sep 2008 23:26

Barbara,

Not a good idea to post duplicate requests.

On Trying To Find Board
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1080040

Barbara

Barbara Report 4 Sep 2008 23:34

Hi, Sorry first time on thought everything went through to Derek. Should I only reply to him? Thanks Barbara.

Derek

Derek Report 4 Sep 2008 23:39

Barbara...you post your requests.anyone who can help will help..nothing goes through only one person..we're all her to help.
Derek

Barbara

Barbara Report 4 Sep 2008 23:40

Hi Derek, This board has totally confused me as I thought I was contacting you yet several people have come back to me and someone telling me I should'nt post duplicate request, is all this open to everyone? if so I sent a reply to Alice thinking there was a group of you. If you cannot read that reply I will give you the info so long as it is not classed as a duplicate request. Regards Barbara.