Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Having my tree on 2 sites

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rosymay

rosymay Report 7 Sep 2008 19:29

I have my tree on GR how can I get all the information on to the Ancestry site. I have just subscribed to the Ancestry site. I still want my tree on GR as well can this be done. I'm not very good on the computer that is why I'm asking. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you to anyone that offers me help.
Mary

ann

ann Report 7 Sep 2008 19:36

Mary,I also have 2 trees.I only use Gr for research and have my tree in Tribal Pages. Annie

LindaRSJ

LindaRSJ Report 7 Sep 2008 19:44

You need to get a gedcom file from GR. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on emport/export gedcom. GR will send you the gedcom by email. When you get the email save the gedcom to your my documents file. Then go to Ancestry and click on the My Ancestry tab. Next click on Upload a family tree file. Now click on browse and select the gedcom. Then give it a name and click on upload.

rosymay

rosymay Report 7 Sep 2008 20:09

Thank you for the help. If I export my tree to Ancestry by clicking on export at the bottom of this page will I still have my tree on this site as well. Sorry to ask another question.
Mary

rosymay

rosymay Report 7 Sep 2008 20:21

Thank you all for your help.
Mary

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 7 Sep 2008 22:13

Sorry to butt in but if i were to import my gedcom to GR do I need to delete thye old tree first or will it just overwrite it?

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 7 Sep 2008 22:16

Thanks Clare.