Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tribalpages help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tillot

Tillot Report 8 Sep 2008 23:22

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help. I've added a photo of my sister and her new little baby today and it's stating my sister is 36 years old. She isn't 36 until October. I've input her birth date correctly. I know it sounds trivial but I hate it when something isn't correct. I'm thinking the date must be out on the tribalpages site.

I've looked through the 'help' pages but can't see how to resolve it.

Can anyone advise please?

Many Thanks
Helen x

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 8 Sep 2008 23:38

Can't you just contact them and ask them to help fix it their address where you get support.

[email protected]

Tillot

Tillot Report 9 Sep 2008 00:04

I heard they don't often reply so thought I'd try here first. I'll give them a try then. Thanks

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 9 Sep 2008 10:24

I have had mega probs with Tribal with regards to their dating system. Everytime I import my tree to it it comes up with strange dates, with lots of rellies coming up with 2008 for a death date which is ludicrious if they were born in 1700! The first time this happened I spent hours correcting them all. Next time I updated the tree the same thing happened so I decided I couldn´t cope with that. I did write to them but can´t remember if they replied or not, anyway it wasn´t corrected and I decided to stop using it. I found it really wasn´t compatible with GR even though it is supposed to be. Pity because I enjoyed the layout, But good luck hope it gets sorted for you.

Tillot

Tillot Report 26 Sep 2008 18:05

Still no reply from them - I sent a message to them on the 9th Sep - does anyone on here know how to resolve my problem?

Fingers crossed!

H x

Tillot

Tillot Report 26 Sep 2008 18:12

Sorry Chica in the sun - I only just noticed your reply. Sorry to hear the trouble you've been having with the site too.

My problem seems only small compared to yours! I'll probably just put up with it as I do really like the site.

Best Wishes
H x

Carter

Carter Report 26 Sep 2008 20:17

hi i had the same problem when i imported a tree from genes to tribalpages but when i imported a tree from my ftm 05 it worked great perhaps it is only a bit dodgy when imported from certain sites ? just a thought
linda

Tillot

Tillot Report 26 Sep 2008 21:07

Hi Linda,

Thanks for replying but no, I didn't import the tree, just typed it from scratch.

H x