Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stumpped

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steve

Steve Report 9 Sep 2008 10:42

I have manged to find information on a family member born about 1814 he moved from Devon to Jersey.

I'm not sure where to go to find out his parents details etc. Looks like the Jersey marriage records are not online so I cant get his parents details from there.

And there seems to be a few John Lillicraps in that area around that time. And there are slightly different variations to the surname.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Hoobity

Hoobity Report 9 Sep 2008 11:08

Do you know what area of Devon he was from please.

Steve

Steve Report 9 Sep 2008 11:24

I really don't know I'm sorry. all I have is from Census records that he was born in England and one record says Devon England.

Hoobity

Hoobity Report 9 Sep 2008 14:56

There are a few John Lillycraps listed in Devon in that time frame on Familysearch.org-search marriages, baptisms. Take a look its free.

jerseylily

jerseylily Report 9 Sep 2008 19:18

Steve - if you think your John Lillicrap married in Jersey send me what you know and I'll take a look when I'm at the Archive tomorrow.

Pam

Deborah

Deborah Report 10 May 2011 10:18

Hello,
I am researching this family - did you ever determine which John LILLICRAP from Devon he was? I suspect Thomas baptised in 1816, son of Thomas L & Mary Ann TREVERTON.

Slug & Lettuce

Slug & Lettuce Report 10 May 2011 11:14

Hi Deborah

This is an old thread from 2008 and I doubt Steve will still be checking it now. You could send him a message by clicking his send message box.
It could be he is still a member or if, when you send him a message the envelope has not been opened, he may have left the site.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting

Ria x