Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Royal Star and Garter help with contacting

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 10 Sep 2008 21:40

I have recently found out that my father died whilst living at a Royal Star and Garter home 10 years ago. I have no had contact with him since we moved 200 miles away when I was 2 yrs old, 48 yrs ago, due to parents divorce and have none of my relatives still alive. I would like to find out if he had any relatives that may still be around. I am not sure whether it would be appropriate to contact the home and if I did how I should go about it.
Any pointers on what I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Sep 2008 22:33

Have you got his death cert May be a chance one of his relations registered the death.

I would certainly contact the home stating you are his daughter etc and ask if they could give you any info on him.

If they wont give info then at least you tried.

Good luck

Shirley

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 11 Sep 2008 00:59

Definitely I would contact the home. They may not give you any details, but could pass them on to the next of Kin on their records.

Is this Lancashire?

Regards

Margaret

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Sep 2008 16:53

Thanks to both of you for advice. The person who registered the death was from the home itself.
The location of the home is Kingston, London.

I am going up to the area next month so I will contact the home and hopefully I may hear something back.

Thanks again, Wendy