Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

is anyone going to Sutton in Ashfield Library ple

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 11 Sep 2008 12:02

This is altered as had wrong location of book.

Need a reference book looking at there, dad has rung them and they have the book but its a couple of hours each way for him to go and look so said I would ask on here first.

Is a book published in 1937 by Mr W.Clay-Dove called Survey of Gravestones in St Mary Churchyard Sutton in Ashfield

Having trouble finding burial for my Gt Grandparents and from what family have said this is likely location but as al the stones round edge are gone cant tell.

Gt Grandad died in 1926 so if he is there will be in this book.
Looking for Henry Dove died 1926.

Thanks
Dawn

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 11 Sep 2008 12:53

Hello Dawn

I am going in to Nottingham City Centre tomorrow, not specifically going to the library, but i will go in there and have a look for you.

In the meantime i am assuming you have seen this info, on this link.

http://www.oldnotts.co.uk/sutton/churches.htm

George

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 11 Sep 2008 13:06

Hi George,

yep have been on that website and one of the pictures of the graveyard walk is of one of my rellies.

Thank you for the offer will mean we can either rule the church in or out for definite.

Dawn

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 11 Sep 2008 14:08

Nudging because I put wrong library on original post

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 12 Sep 2008 19:13

n