Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

hospital records CLOSED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 14 Sep 2008 15:38

Does anyone know anything about obtaining access to hospital records?

How would I find out about patients in a hospital that no longer seems to exist?

Any help apprecited.

TY

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 14 Sep 2008 15:40

Which hospital and when?

Julie

Julie Report 14 Sep 2008 15:49

My possible ancestor, William C Howell, was a hospital 'inmate' in the 1851 census.

The census source ref is Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 1746; Folio: 195; Page: 9

I think it says Laxton's Hospital, Church Yard, Oundle, Northants.

Cant find anything anywhere online about a Laxton's Hospital...

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 14 Sep 2008 15:51

There's a hospital database on the National Archives site which lists which records are held and where, but this hospital is not listed - sorry! You could try asking the local Archives.

Julie

Julie Report 14 Sep 2008 15:58

hmmm, I tried NA too, thanks for looking too. Have you had a look at the census? Do you think it say Laxtons, or something else?

Julie

Julie Report 14 Sep 2008 16:21

Update - I think it might have been the Oundle workhouse.... Now THAT makes sense!