Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how can i sorted thanks robg

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

michael2

michael2 Report 15 Sep 2008 16:45

for some reason the emails that i keep for ref have gone they are not in the deleted file is there any way i can get them back some of the email contained some important info which i need. painterman

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 15 Sep 2008 17:02

Hi Painterman,

Not sure what you mean gone? were they in your inbox or stored somewhere else?

Betty

michael2

michael2 Report 15 Sep 2008 17:10

hi betty they were in my in box the have just disappeared cant find them any where . painterman

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 15 Sep 2008 17:12

I can't understand why they would have just gone, you have checked you delete box have you?

Betty

michael2

michael2 Report 15 Sep 2008 17:16

hi betty yes i have checked my delete box they are not there. it looks like i have a lot of hard work trying to remember what was on there. painterman

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 15 Sep 2008 17:16

If you haven't deleted them then they will still be in one of the boxes, check sent, outbox, junk mail, drafts and everything else.

Betty

RobG

RobG Report 15 Sep 2008 17:31

What e-mail program are you using?
If it is Outlook, it may have auto-archived and they will be in a seperate file which you will need to track down and "attach" to your account (sounds more complicated than it is). Can talk you through it if you need.

RobG

michael2

michael2 Report 15 Sep 2008 18:28

hi robg yes i use outlook can you let me have the details of how i can do it painterman

michael2

michael2 Report 15 Sep 2008 18:29

hi christinerobg is going to help me thanks for your reply. painterman

RobG

RobG Report 16 Sep 2008 22:35

Hi Painterman, Sorry not to get back earlier had to go out last night so couldn't get online.
Right. These instructions are for Outlook 2003, but most other versions should be quite similar, so you should be able to work it out (after all, being a genealogist you already a bit of a detective. LOL).

First, find out where it would have archived to. In the menu bar at the top select "Tools", then "Options" from the list that appears. A box should appear with a few tabs, one should be called "Other". On that tab there will be a section called "AutoArchive". Click the button in this section. Here you will find a number of settings about the archiving. The important one for you is where it says the path to the archive file (probably has a Browse button next to it). Make a note of what it says (file name and path).

Next you need to attach this file so you can see it in your Outlook. From the menu at the top again select "File", then "Open", then "Outlook Data File". In the Explorer type window that appears, find your file from above and then click the "OK" button.

Now you should see an extra folder in the Folder View (usually on the left) called something like "Archive".
If this doesn't work or there are bits you don't understand, let me know.

RobG

michael2

michael2 Report 17 Sep 2008 15:40

hi robg sorry its taken so long to reply i have had a lot to do i will try this thank you painterman