Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with census please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 16 Sep 2008 08:25

Hi,
i have 1881 census (north petherton, somerset) info for mary aish aged 8, it also lists mother as mary and siblings as rose and charles but there is no father listed...why could this be?? i know he didnt die as he is listed on marys future marriage..his names is james aish.
many thanks,
alison

Alison

Alison Report 16 Sep 2008 08:37

noted as married

Alison

Alison Report 16 Sep 2008 09:19

oh im so confused!...lol....i think im going to have to go through my info again....i started with my gt grannys birth cert - Lily chick B.1901 her parents were william chick & mary chick form Aish...found a marriage cert in 1894 for william chick age 23yrs and mary aish aged 20yrs the father of mary was James aish. so i figured mary was born around 1874...theres only 1 mary hannah aish born june 1874...but i cant find mary aish with her father on any census....does that make sense lol...

maryjane-sue

maryjane-sue Report 16 Sep 2008 10:28

I am researching the Ash name in Somerset - and on quite a few occasions their name shows as Aish in the Census - so it might be worth looking at Ash too? I guess it all depends on how they pronounced that name.

Alison

Alison Report 16 Sep 2008 14:52

james proffesion is a carpenter...sorry for the delay in replying i had to nip out...

Alison

Alison Report 16 Sep 2008 14:53

i will bear that in mind maryjane...thx

Alison

Alison Report 16 Sep 2008 14:54

i think i will send for mary aishs birth cert and see what that says...should give me at least the parents lol...xx thx to you both for the help...x