Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Arana

Arana Report 17 Sep 2008 14:06

Hi, please can someone tell me, when they went round to get the census results door to door did you have to prove who was living at the house or did they just tell the researcher? I ask because I have found ancestors in two different places at the same time! Sorry if this has already been covered in another thread but I wondered if I made a mistake.

Arana

Arana Report 17 Sep 2008 14:15

thanks for your quick reply, that is exactly what has happened, I have a child in one house with mum and dad and siblings, then the child as a grandchild with grandparents and the dad in another house with his mates! I got a bit confused there... thank you again