Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Royal Navy Records late 1700's early 1800's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 20 Sep 2008 11:56

Can anyone point me in the right direction. On the 1861 census, have my 3 x great grandmother as a widow, in occupation it has 'Pensioned, husband Captain R.N.
On 1841 and 1851 census she is described as living on her own means. Think widow then, or husband at sea.
Where can I find out more about her husband who was Charles Pound. born c1791. dont know where.
On LDS site and Pallotts marriages I found a marriage for them in 1816 at St Brides Fleet Street.
Charles Pound and Elizabeth Thompson.
This is my brick wall.

Thanks Mo

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Sep 2008 12:03

try the National Archives site.

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 20 Sep 2008 12:18

Thanks Shirley.

Mo

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 20 Sep 2008 16:51

Documentsonline have officers service records for the period you're interested in.

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 23 Sep 2008 14:02

Thank you Annielaurie, have been off line recently only just picked this up.

Mo