Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Second Marriages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hayley

Hayley Report 23 Sep 2008 19:52

Sorry if this is a bit of a thick question, but is it possible to add 2 wives to your Genes family tree?
My gg grandfather was married twice & had children from both marriages. I was therefore hoping to add both wives, in order to show the correct ancestry for the respective children.
At the moment I have James shown married to Leah & then Leah connected to Emma, the second wife. Emma's child Gertrude at the moment looks like she is the child of Emma & Leah, which is a bit odd!

Hayley

Kate

Kate Report 23 Sep 2008 20:20

It's just the formatting of the tree, Hayley - don't panic! (It is very confusing, though!)

Have you tried either clicking on a child of one of the wives or one of the wives themselves? I think it should show the relevant family "group" then.

Hayley

Hayley Report 23 Sep 2008 20:23

Thanks, Kate. Yes when looking at the 'family group' everything looks OK, it's only when in James' record things look a bit odd.
It's obviously just one of those things that has to be lived with.

Julie

Julie Report 23 Sep 2008 20:33

Hayley

The same think happened to me & no matter which way i add them it kept happening s i left it alone

Julie

Sally

Sally Report 23 Sep 2008 22:06

it can be done ckick on first wfe add children then click on second wife add children it should show ones with correct wife sally

Hayley

Hayley Report 24 Sep 2008 14:09

Thanks Sally!