Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help required with finding births plz...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 28 Sep 2008 22:40

Hi, how do i go about finding the birth of children born of Redvers Thomas and catherine thomas nee Glasgow?..from 1958 onwards..in the Thanet are of kent.

many thanks,
Alison

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 28 Sep 2008 22:51

Oh dear there are hundreds of Thomases listed have you any idea of their first names ? Its a needle and haystack job?

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 28 Sep 2008 22:53

To find the info, you will need to subscribe to a site which has the records.........Ancestry or findmypast.

You would then have to look at the image for evey qtr of every year..........luckily the MMN is on the index.

Alison

Alison Report 28 Sep 2008 22:56

hi, thx for the replies... i thought that would be the case....i had better make a start lol....i have asked rellys but none of them know anything they werent exactly close....
thx again,
Alison

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 28 Sep 2008 23:12

Is this the death of the father?

Name: Redvers Thomas
Birth Date: 28 Mar 1929
Death Registration Month/Year: Jul 1997
Age at death (estimated): 68
Registration district: Thanet
Inferred County: Kent
Register number: B21D
District and Subdistrict: 5751B
Entry Number: 286

Maybe one of his offspring was the informant....................

Alison

Alison Report 28 Sep 2008 23:20

hi, yes thats the father, the informant on the death cert was a lady named May Annie Allen - i did find her on the electorall roll at his address till 2002. i looked up her name and found a death in sept 2002 and she was aged 76..so if its the right one then it cant be his daughter...

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 29 Sep 2008 06:05

Heres his birth
Redvers Thomas 1929 june qt Newport M mother Chick gro ref 11a 447

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 29 Sep 2008 06:08

Possible marriage.

Lily Chick married James R Thomas 1923 june qt Newport M gro ref 11a 477

Perhaps.
James Redvers Thomas 1900 mar qt Pontypool gro ref 11a 163

Alison

Alison Report 29 Sep 2008 07:08

hi margaret - thx for that but i already have his info and his parents / siblings....its just his children im stuck on. i have managed to find one born Q1/1957 christina thomas but cant seem to find any more - perhaps they only had 1 child?....
alison