Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WWII Service Records and an Indian Football Match

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dudley

Dudley Report 29 Sep 2008 08:01

Hello,

I was hunting in the loft and discovered an old photo of my partners Grandfather. It was taken with his Battalion, which previously we had no idea of, in India when they won 3 seasons in a row 1924-1926 of the Rovers Cup.

The Rovers Cup, the second oldest of the main football tournaments in the country, was initiated by some British football enthusiasts at Bombay in 1891.

The man i know in the picture is a Dick Glew of the 2nd Battalion Middlesex Regiment (D.C.O.). My question is, where do i find the right up to date form to request his service record as next of kin, via his son (my father in law), and what does D.C.O. mean?

Secondly if anyone knows of any of their ancestors serving in the 2nd Battalion Middlesex Regiment at around 1924-1926 in India and can confirm a surname then i have a photo of their relatives which i'm more than happy to scan and email.

Many thanks

mgnv

mgnv Report 29 Sep 2008 08:46

Check out links at: http://www.prole.demon.co.uk/middlesex/index.htm