Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Are they the same ??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 5 Oct 2008 17:45

If I order a certificate from the GRO would it be the exactly the same certificate if I ordered it from the relevant county RO ??

Kathlyn

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 5 Oct 2008 18:03

GRO certs are photo copys,
registry office certs tend to be re-written by the registrar, eg copied from the original entry,
as far as i no the county records office don't do BMD certs

Roy

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Oct 2008 18:06

The information on the certificate would be exactly the same whether you order from the GRO or the original register office (not the County Record Office), however you may get a photocopy or a typed or handwritten certificate, depending on who supplies it.

Kath. x

mgnv

mgnv Report 5 Oct 2008 18:19

Just to clarify Porkie's post, the GRO's photo copies are images of entries copied by the GRO staff from info supplied by the local registrars. At least, this is the case for the main BMD registers, but I must admit I don't know about the births on hovercraft, deaths on planes, and on oilrigs, and the other minor registers