Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Judy in the States help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dynamic Donna

Dynamic Donna Report 6 Oct 2008 05:15

Judy

Sorry but you are the only one I can think of because Genes don't seem to be doing much for me at the moment. I cannot do any tree searches or my tree names do not come up. I get a meesage saying site error. Do you know what may cause this, I am on the same computer and haven't done anything to it but for 2 weeks now it has been coming up with this. Is there anything I can do? I am lost without my tree searches and daily names.

Sorry to trouble you

Love Donna Down Under

Ivy

Ivy Report 6 Oct 2008 06:40

Hi Donna,

I wonder if it is your internet browser settings? You can ask it to return to the page you visited last on that site, or you can ask it to look for more recent versions of the page. It may be that it was a temporary error now cleared? Apologies if this is a daft idea, I know nothing about computers...

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 6 Oct 2008 10:07

The problem seems to affect certain people using Internet Explorer. Firefox is apparently immune from it. It appeared about two weeks ago, possible after an update from microsoft.

I contacted GR last week, but they didn't really know what the cause was. Their only suggestion was to make sure you had the latest browser version.

I have just tried IE and Firefox and both are working ok for me. There was a recent MS upgrade, I recall, so perhaps this fixed it.

What browser version are you using?

PS Haven't seen a posting from Judy for some months, so don't know if she still logs in to GR.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 6 Oct 2008 10:41

Donna.....it may have something to do with the squiggles in your name. I know Julie on here was having the same trouble. I''l send her a pm and ask her to come and explain it to you cos I didn't understand it lol

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 6 Oct 2008 12:30

Judy from the States isn't on GR anymore, she hasn't been for some time now!! You can bump up her thread though.

Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 6 Oct 2008 13:11

Not too painful MGHS

Betty

Judy

Judy Report 6 Oct 2008 21:30

Hello, all....I am in fact, still here...LOL. I was gone for a while but I have recently renewed my membership. I just now saw this thread and I am on way out the door to go to work but will, when I get in, post a few things you could try that may correct the problem.

Judy

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 6 Oct 2008 21:53

Judy, nice to see you again.

Selena

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 6 Oct 2008 22:10

Hi Judy,

Well I never!! I am telling everyone you left ages ago and all the time you were back under a differnt name.

Betty

Dynamic Donna

Dynamic Donna Report 7 Oct 2008 00:07

Thanks one and all - Judy has never let me down in the past when I have asked for help.

Love Donna

Julie

Julie Report 7 Oct 2008 09:54

Hi Donna

I recieved a message from Jeanette, but will explain what has happened

JUDY......Just adding this too.

Those that have the Characters next to our name but put them into our personal details rather that where it says Community Name are having problems access some of the site

I have been toing and froing with GR for nearly 3 weeks now and they seem to think its my PC though i have said many a time that if i go through my Brothers account on here there is no problem. Also i tried on my OH PC and still had the problem

Donna is now the 5th person i have seen that has this problem so it can't be my PC lol

Hope this is of some help to you

Julie

PS...make that 7 people now as i have just seen my Thread on General

Judy

Judy Report 7 Oct 2008 19:49

Donna:

I've e-mailed you.

Judy