Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maiden/Marriage info Needed UK

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steven

Steven Report 7 Oct 2008 05:45

Hello,i need the maiden name of Rachel who married Israel John Myers some time in England between 1820-1836 and also any info on their wedding ,they are mentioned in the 1841 census below,can someone please see if they can find anything about a young and single Rachel ..thanks

Name: Rachael Myers
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1805
Where born: Middlesex, England

Civil Parish: St George in The East
Hundred: Ossulstone (Tower Division)
County/Island: Middlesex

Registration district: St George in the East
Sub registration district: St John
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
John Myers 34
Rachael Myers 36
Lewis Myers 5
Isaace Myers 4
Hannah Myers 2
Henry Myers 10 Mo
Sarah Levy 77
Ruth Bald 19

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 7 Oct 2008 06:17

You might need to get one of the children's birth certs, in order to get Rachel's maiden name. I wonder if it's Asher, given Henry's middle name:

Births Jun 1840
Myers Henry Asher Whitechapel 2 540

Births Dec 1838
MYERS Hannah Whitechapel 2 483

Steven

Steven Report 7 Oct 2008 06:36

Yes of course ,i didnt think of that,thanks Richard.,so is the info that you have provided what i need to order the certificate Dist: Whitechapel,book 2 page 540 ,is this correct ??...thanks

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 7 Oct 2008 06:44

They are the only two on FreeBMD that match the 1841 census entries so I'd say they are probably the ones.

Yes that is the district/volume/page info that you will need to get the cert.

Cheers
Richard

Susan

Susan Report 7 Oct 2008 08:37

There are two marriages of Israel Myers on Boyds index, not your one, but maybe the place to look.

1832 / Myers Israel / Solomon Esther /Great Synagogue / London

1800 / Myers Israel / Levy Rebecca / Great Synagogue / London

Steven

Steven Report 8 Oct 2008 00:05

Hi Richard i went to order a certificate,but i need to know what quarter of the year the birth took place,do you know this info please.

Kate

Kate Report 8 Oct 2008 00:08

Steven, the birth quarters for the children (going by what Richard added) are June 1840 for Richard and Dec 1838 for Hannah.

Steven

Steven Report 8 Oct 2008 00:19

hahaha i must be blind..thanks Kate

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 8 Oct 2008 02:32

The Israel Myers / Rebecca Levy marriage looks interesting, as there is a Sarah Levy living with the family in 1841. Maybe Israel & Rebecca were Israel John Myers' parents?

Steven

Steven Report 8 Oct 2008 05:11

Thanks again Richard,yes it does look interesting i will have to check that out more,also i have ordered Henrys birth certificate today,so hopefully i will have Rachels maiden name in a few weeks.