Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

access to a large tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 7 Oct 2008 20:21

I have been given permission to view someones tree that we have several matches, but i can not get into it, the person has tried to resend it to me but still I can not get access. They do have nearly 20,000 people in their tree and in the tips it says that this may be the reason why, but it does not give me any help in how to get view the tree. This is very annoying as we have alot of hot matches.
Any help would be great
Thanks
Carolyn

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 7 Oct 2008 20:54

Members don't actually "send" you their tree, they simply allow you to access it via the GR site, so there is no such concept as re-sending it to you.

What actually happens when you try to access the tree? Do you get any error messages? and if so, what are they?

There are a few things that you need to check as well.

1. Make sure that you have the most recent version of your Internet Browser on your PC
2. Clear out your internet temp files (Internet Cache)
3. Enable pop ups for the GR site
4. Download the latest Flash Player from Adobe

Heather

Heather Report 8 Oct 2008 10:00

Both you and your rellie should get a better tree program, even the PAF free one would allow you to import and export your tree info to each other via a gedcom.