Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Which Mary Padley did John Burton Marry?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 10 Oct 2008 11:15

Hi

One of my direct ancestors John Burton married Mary Padley in Everton Nottinghamshire on 27 Aug 1775. I would like to find out more information about Mary Padley as she is also a direct ancestor.

The problem I have is that there were two Mary Padleys born in Everton around the right time to be Johns wife. One was born on the 17 Aug 1758 parents John Padley and Elizabeth and Mary Padley born 5 Feb 1756 parents Charles and Mary. These are extracted records from the igi web site.

Another genes member very kindly checked the witnesses for their marriage to see if this could help, but sadly it didn't.

My heart wants to go with the August 17th birth as this is my birthday but I don't think this is the best way of deciding (lol)

Does any one have any ideas how I might be able to establish who
Mary's parents were?

Many thanks Sandra

Alan

Alan Report 10 Oct 2008 11:42

www.genealogy-links.co.uk/html/notts.html
This site has a few links that might help

Alan

Alan Report 10 Oct 2008 11:43

Any idea which churches they were married in ?

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 10 Oct 2008 11:54

Hi Alan,

Unfortunately, I don't know which church they married in

Sandra

Derek

Derek Report 10 Oct 2008 14:22

There is no everton in Nottingham..I live there..No wonder you're hving trouble finding a church..
Derek

Alan

Alan Report 10 Oct 2008 15:28

There is a place called NORTH LEVERTON near Retford, if that's of any help ?

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 10 Oct 2008 15:31

Hi Derek,

My mistake. The message should read Everton, Nottinghamshire not Nottingham. I will Edit the original message.

Sandra

Sherbert Rose

Sherbert Rose Report 10 Oct 2008 19:24

nudge for new thoughts

Derek

Derek Report 10 Oct 2008 19:35

Sorry Sandra didn't mean to sound argumentative..was just trying to help.......actually I didn't know there was an Everton in Nottinghamshire either!! but in fact its up near Doncaster omn the border with yorkshire.
Good luck with your search

Derek

Derek

Derek Report 10 Oct 2008 19:38

Sandra..if it helps the parish Church at Everton is Holy Trinity...apparently a very famous Norman Church.........I would think it almost certainly has Church records.
Derek