Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice Please - William Henry Baker and Julia Sten

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 10 Oct 2008 21:55

I am stuck and not sure where to turn or how to find out about my great grandparents. My nans birth certificate shows William Henry Baker as father and Julia Stennings as mother, my nan was born in West Ham in 1914. Apparantly William was married before Julia, rumour has it that between 2 marriages William had 13 children, I cannot find a marriage certificate for William and Julia's marriage and therefore cannot trace birth certificate. Has anyone got any ideas please.

Thanks, Gail

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 10 Oct 2008 22:03

If William had been married, and the wife had not died, the odds are that he didn't marry Julia...........

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 10 Oct 2008 22:04

What was William's occupation?

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 10 Oct 2008 22:10

There is no result on Ancestry for the name Julia Stennings...........in any category

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 10 Oct 2008 22:36

Thank you for wasting my time with this duplicate posting