Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Chamberlain

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ann

ann Report 12 Oct 2008 09:46

I think i have found my Philip Chamberlain on the marriages.His first wife died in Somerset in 1851,he then came to Limehouse and i found a marriage in 1853 in shoreditch.When i have looked there are only 3 names.2 men and one woman and she is not Jane.Apart from going back to the records office or buying a cert how else can i find her.Census say she was born in Somerset some unreadable name. Annie

ann

ann Report 12 Oct 2008 10:17

Jeanette that is my philip.His first wife was Ann Cook and the first 3 children were for that marriage.After that he was with a Jane and there was a marriage in Shoreditch in 1853 but only 3 names and the second womans name is missing. Annie

Moggie

Moggie Report 12 Oct 2008 10:51

I think you will find that Philip's second wife was Jane Parsons.The entry for her has been mistranscribed as page 164 but the image shows 464 which matches Philip's entry. There is a Jane Parsons living in Kewstoke in 1841.
Moggie

ann

ann Report 12 Oct 2008 11:36

Thank you so much Maggie.I would not have been able to work that out. Annie

Thelma

Thelma Report 12 Oct 2008 11:47

Jane Chamberlain Phillip abt 1831 Kurstaper, Somerset, England Wife St Anne Limehouse, London
Jane Parsons abt 1831 Kewstoke, Somerset, England Servant Weston Super Mare, Somerset
Jane Parsons abt 1831 Somerset, England Kewstoke, Somerset

Thelma

Thelma Report 12 Oct 2008 11:49

marriage???
Jane Chamberlain 1874 Apr-May-Jun Mile End Old Town London, Middlesex

John Isaac Young
John J Young Jane abt 1832 Lambeth, Surrey, England Head West Ham, Essex
Jane Young John J abt 1831 Kewstoke, Somerset, England Wife West Ham, Essex
Alfred E Chamberlain Jane abt 1871 Limehouse, Middlesex, England Stepson West Ham, Essex
View Record
Walter G Chamberlain Jane abt 1862 Limehouse, Middlesex, England Stepson West Ham, Essex

Thelma

Thelma Report 12 Oct 2008 11:54

1881 England Census
about John Young
Name: John Young
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1833
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Jane
Where born: Lambeth, Surrey, England

Civil Parish: West Ham
County/Island: Essex

Street address: 76 Barnby St
Condition as to marriage: Married
Education:

Employment status: View Image

Registration district: West Ham
Sub registration district: West Ham
ED, institution, or vessel: 28
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Alfred Chamberlain 10
John Chamberlain 33
Nicholas Chamberlain 21
Walter G. Chamberlain 12
William Chamberlain 17
Jane Young 50
John Young 48

ann

ann Report 12 Oct 2008 12:17

Thanks Jim.So she got married again.Philip died in 1873.The name Philip is still in our family. Annie