Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree Acces -Problem

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

trafiklitedol

trafiklitedol Report 12 Oct 2008 19:13

Is it me or am I ust being pedantic.
I am not prepared to open my tree ust because someone requests access. Surely it is common curtesy for people to state the relationship they think they have with people in the tree, or is this askin too much in this day & age of instant reply.

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 12 Oct 2008 19:43

Esme

I do not open my tree until i know the person asking has evidence that the person in my tree is in fact related.
These people who just use the automated message "can i see your tree", i simply ask them" tell me who you want to see and i will check my tree to see if there is any connection",

I agree with you it should be common courtesy for them to give some info, but sadly this does not always happen.

George

Trueloiner

Trueloiner Report 12 Oct 2008 19:53

esme. sometimes this also works the other way. I often request information or ask to see somebodys tree after giving what i think is quite relevent information regarding a certain person or persons but quite often do not even get a reply. very frustrating . ken

trafiklitedol

trafiklitedol Report 12 Oct 2008 20:04

Thanks for your replies.

I'm glad it's not just me but I can see Ken's point of view as I've had the same problem