Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

when are we getting to view the 1911 for great bri

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 13 Oct 2008 20:54

just wondering when we are getting the 1911 online,did someone say it was online early in 2010 ?x

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 13 Oct 2008 21:08

oh no,i can hardly wait as it is,i hope they are not late,i cant go any further with some parts of my tree without the 1911,oh well i suppose im in the same boat as thou of others.thanks anyway.x

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 13 Oct 2008 21:35

I thought they were going to release the "major conurbations" starting in 2009!!! Oh, rats if they're not!

Jill

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 13 Oct 2008 21:59

yes i thought that as well.what a let down!.x

RobG

RobG Report 13 Oct 2008 22:10

Both TNA site and the 1911 site are both still saying 2009 (TNA say "Early" 2009). Neither say what will be first, but would expect "major conurbations" to be about right to start off.

RobG

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 13 Oct 2008 22:11

thanks rob.x

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 13 Oct 2008 22:11

Oh yes oh yes oh yes.

Please let them do the "major conurbation" of Toft Monks first - which is the village in Norfolk where half my family came from 'cos I want to know what happened to my gr aunts and gr uncles! Oh yes!!

Jill

RobG

RobG Report 13 Oct 2008 22:13

LOL Jill.

If you tell them it's a major conurbation, I'll back you up! ;-)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 13 Oct 2008 22:33

Thanks Rob!

Mary

Mary Report 14 Oct 2008 08:48

I always want to laugh at them over their release dates. I don't disagree with it but when you consider all the details the government have 'lost/mislaid' or not taken enough care re hacking it seems so weird. These days it does not take much for allowed access to DVLA and even the NHS is threatening to allow details on line to 'certain' people. We can go and view the voting lists, parish records and yet a census is deemed too 'precious' to be released.
Sorry for rambling I have not had my coffee yet, and I REALLY DO see the reasoning, so please don't slap my wrists :)