Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree Chart Software with select individuals

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 17 Oct 2008 16:50

Hi folks

I am looking for some software that will enable me to print selected individuals on a family tree chart.

For example, I want to print a tree with some descendants of my great-grandfather, to illustrate how I am related to a second cousin, but I want to exclude the other descendants.

I use Family Tree Maker and Charting Companion, but it seems I have to include all individuals from each generation.

Any advice much appreciated.

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 17 Oct 2008 18:29

Ruth, I did this for someone by creating a new GEDCOM file of selected individuals, saving it with a different name to my main tree and then opening it in FTM then printing.

Hope this helps Jennifer

Ron

Ron Report 17 Oct 2008 18:41

You could try Genbox, the full version is available for a 30 day trial. When you make a tree using that you can delete from the tree any boxes that you don't want on it, the boxes are only reomved from the tree not the file.

Ron
www.genealogyprinters.com

Ruth

Ruth Report 18 Oct 2008 21:09

Thanks for both those great tips, will give them a whirl.

Ruth