Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can Anyone Recommend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Original Catherine from Manchester

The Original Catherine from Manchester Report 20 Oct 2008 20:44

A professional researcher, that has knowledge of searching uk and overseas records. A family member of mine wishes to appoint them for their professional services. Not the chap who holds the monthly forum, on here someone else.
thanks
catherine
xx

Amanda,

Amanda, Report 20 Oct 2008 21:05

Hi Catherine,

Is it for something that can't be done on here?

I'm quite happy to give my time if it can.

Kind regards
Amanda x

The Original Catherine from Manchester Report 20 Oct 2008 21:11

thanks Amanda but it's regarding someone that came from abroad to study here, lived here for a few years then dissapeared, connections in either Greece and or South America originally.
A certain person wished to charge £600 for doing something this member had already tried to do, this family member is happy to pay, but would like some actual documentation which I believe must exist
c
xx

The Original Catherine from Manchester Report 20 Oct 2008 21:32

thankyou Jill, I may just try that thanks also to David.

Amanda,

Amanda, Report 20 Oct 2008 22:01

Catherine,

If you have any luck I would be glad to know who they are.

I have certs with names and rellies from Germany and Poland, but I also have a WW2 medal that belongs back there with his children or their descendants, I have had no success on here.

Amanda x

The Original Catherine from Manchester Report 20 Oct 2008 22:07

will keep you posted Amanda :))