Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Website address needed CLOSED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 21 Oct 2008 09:27

Quite a while ago someone placed a website address for people who had been hanged. It listed all the murder's names and a brief description and the victims name.

Have tried googling and googling and although there are various sites not the one I recognise. Have tried Murderfile etc and nothing and been onto the Pierrpoint website although I don't know whether he was the hangman!

The hanging took place in 1923 and I am doing this research for a friend. We have read about the case in the Times Online but would be interested to know who actually was the Executioner at that time.

Unfortunately I did have this saved in my favourites but I deleted it by mistake thinking that I would not need it. What an idiot!!

Hope someone can help

Thank you

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 21 Oct 2008 09:44

have you tried this one?

www.capitalpunishmentuk.org

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 21 Oct 2008 09:55

Hi Jeanette

Had a look nothing on there for who I am looking for although an interesting site and have saved it.

I would have thought that the person would have been on there as it seems a comprehensive site, bit of a mystery.

You have helped in on th TTF board a lot and my friend is now "hooked" so am trying to find out more about the person in question. As mentioned above he has read about the case online.

Thanks for your help yet again!!

Regards Paula

Thelma

Thelma Report 21 Oct 2008 10:33

Give more details and we may be able to help.
How about;

http://www.gertlushonline.co.uk/british-executioners-index.html

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 21 Oct 2008 16:29

Thanks Jim have emailed you