Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 21 Oct 2008 12:05

I read on here that a few people get their certificates early well I have not and thought it would be here today but alas no the one I ordered after shoud be sent 4 days after the first one but I ordered it 5 days later both are birth.

Margaret

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 21 Oct 2008 12:11

Oh dear the worst bit is the waiting, be patient,

Ceri

Ceri Report 21 Oct 2008 12:23

If you have ordered through the GRO then they have a back log at the moment due to the *Who do you think you are* series.

Be patient they will get it to you asap

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 21 Oct 2008 13:07

Yes I will have to learn to be patient thanks Lindsey and Ceri. I do think if they have a back log they should give you a longer despatch date then you would not be so impatient.

Margaret

Brian(i)

Brian(i) Report 21 Oct 2008 13:12

I am waiting a certificate and I was quoted 6 days. I am hoping that it will be tomorrow.
Brian(i)

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 21 Oct 2008 13:26

Hi,

I ordered a birth certificate on 3rd Oct and was given 9th October as my despatch date. I received it on the 11th.

Chris

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 21 Oct 2008 14:47

Yes, you have to be patient, but at the moment most of mine are sent after 4 WORKING days - so get your order in at the weekend!

Margaret

Mary

Mary Report 21 Oct 2008 17:39

Some of mine have arrived earlier than expected and others later. I have been waiting for a birth from ScotlandsPeople and it is now 11 days. It will get here though - eventually.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 21 Oct 2008 20:13

I ordered three certs on Oct 1st, two arrived earlier than I expected on Sunday 19th, still waiting for the third (would normally expect them tomorrow ie three weeks delivery).

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 21 Oct 2008 20:19

Keith

Do you have them sent to United Emirates? or is that a silly question

Marcelle

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 21 Oct 2008 20:22

Yes I do Marcelle, as I mentioned, they do take about 3 weeks normally, but they come via Switzerland!

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 21 Oct 2008 20:25

That's pretty good then Keith. I waited 6 weeks for a pack of socks for the kids from the mother in law in Nottingham to Bristol! lol

Hope you are well.

Marcelle

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 4 Nov 2008 15:23

Well, just got the missing cert after ordering on 1st Oct, dispatched on 3rd Oct to Jakarta, Indonesia, no wonder I have waited so long!

BrianW

BrianW Report 4 Nov 2008 15:41

I ordered a couple last Friday (31/10).
Expected despatch date was 6/11.

Helen

Helen Report 4 Nov 2008 15:59

I also waited for almost a month for a cert, it turned up last week with a post-it stuck to it saying 'sent to wrong address', wonder if it got as far as Keith's?