Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Saul family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 27 Oct 2008 19:54

The Saul Family of mine has been traced back to Thomas Saul born c1801 by a distant cousin, but I was told by my Aunt before she died that the family came over to England during the persecution of the Hugenouts and settled in Spittlefields, London. I do not have any dates etc. and wondered whether there would be an immegrant ledger for that time or if records existed. Does anyone know. I would be grateful as to where to start.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2008 20:11

there are a few Huguenot threads on these boards - if you put Huguenot in "Advanced Search" in the yellow box on the left it will bring them up for you

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Oct 2008 20:16

found one of them!! It is at the top of Records board

Pamela

Pamela Report 28 Oct 2008 15:49

Thank you Ann of Green Gables. I think I must be thick. Where is the Records board. Pamela

Pamela

Pamela Report 28 Oct 2008 15:57

Hi Ann of Green Gables have found Richard in the records department and sent a message to him. Many thanks for your help. Pamela

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Oct 2008 16:27

my pleasure!!

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 28 Oct 2008 17:24

Also have a look at the Guild of One Name Studies - there is someone on there doing a Saul/Sole One Name Study. I contacted him once about one of mine and he was very helpful. He may well have an idea of the history of the name.

Jill