Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another Ancestry problem !

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 28 Oct 2008 14:26

I am looking for the birthplace of a Stanley F Helm who was born in February 1938. When I look on Ancestry I am only shown the 2nd, 3rd & 4th quarters but not the 1st quarter for this year . . . . does anyone know why or am I doing something wrong?

Thelma

Thelma Report 28 Oct 2008 14:31

Reduce the number of letters helm/hel/he etc
Born Stockton(using hel)

***Michelle***

***Michelle*** Report 28 Oct 2008 14:32

Ancestry BMD's are supposed to be complete but sadly it isn't.I have through my lookup thread found many quarters missing.
Might be an idea to contact the Records Office with the details you have and see if they can help you.

Michelle

***Michelle***

***Michelle*** Report 28 Oct 2008 14:35

Well done you Jim!its there.Hadn't even thought of that method.

Michelle

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 28 Oct 2008 14:37

Thankyou for that Jim, I see it now & I suspected it might have been Stockton. Another problem solved quickly!

However . . . . why didn't it show up when I put in Helm?

Thelma

Thelma Report 28 Oct 2008 15:04

Another method.
Below the search box
click on the year
click on the quarter
click on the letter
go through each image
or delete the image number and enter 10/20/30 etc
until you find correct page

Potty

Potty Report 28 Oct 2008 15:05

Stu, if you look at the page you will probably find an out of order name at the bottom of the page. The pages are referenced by the first and last names on each and where a name is written at the bottom that is the name used.

mgnv

mgnv Report 28 Oct 2008 15:26

If they don't show up for Hel, they probably do for Hdz, and you can page forward.

The only quarter that I know IS MISSING is 1925q4 marrs, but those images can be accessed thru FreeBMD.