Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish BMD's are they online?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 29 Oct 2008 11:37

Please can someone advise me? I am trying to find my Step-Sons family in Northern Ireland, but we have very little info. We know he has brothers and sisters that don't even know he exists. we know they were taken into care. All we know is his mother's present name, previous married name and maiden name. Are there any BMD indexes online that we can search through.

Many thanks Lorraine.

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 29 Oct 2008 13:04

not as far as i know

this is the address for applying for certs though

By forwarding the application and fee to :

The General Register Office
Oxford House
49-55 Chichester Street
BELFAST BT1 4HL

The application form is available to print by clicking here.
If you do not have a PDF viewer, please take a moment and download Adobe Acrobat.

By Telephone:

By telephoning (028) 90252000 if you have Visa/Mastercard. You should have your card with you when you ring as we will require your card number and expiry date.

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 30 Oct 2008 00:36

Lorraine and David,

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately My Step-Son's mother disappeared many years ago when he was little. We recently were given an address for her in Wiltshire. He wrote and received a letter back asking him to keep in touch. Since then she seems to have disappeared again or is simply not answering his correspondence. So he has been unable to gain any info from her, which is very sad as he has brothers and sisters and a family in Ireland somewhere. We know very little about her, only snippets of info that my husband remembers about her, and that's not a lot. We are not even sure which year she was born. This is what little we do know.

His mother was born in Belfast around 1953-1955. Her maiden name was Margaret McCausland. She did marry a man named Magee, don't know when. She had 2-3 children in Ireland who went into care. We don't know when they were born, how many or what gender.

That's it that's all we know. So it's not much to go on. I was hoping I could find her birth record and a marriage record and maybe some birth records for her children(Steve's siblings) but as there are no records online I don't think we have much hope of finding anyone.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards Lorraine.

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 31 Oct 2008 19:50

n