Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Home person on tree - dont worry I have the answer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris from Kent

Chris from Kent Report 30 Oct 2008 17:21

I have downloaded my updated tree onto here but when I go on it, it goes straight to a faraway ancestor instead of me!
How do I point the tree back to myself?
Thanks
Chris

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 30 Oct 2008 18:09

Contact GR & they will sort this out for you

Chris from Kent

Chris from Kent Report 30 Oct 2008 18:09

Sorry I have just searched the boards (I should have done it first - I know) and it appears that I am unable to do this myself and have to contact Genes to change this for me.
I have just tried but there seems to be a problem there end - perhaps there is no-one home!! lol

Chris from Kent

Chris from Kent Report 30 Oct 2008 18:11

Thanks Claire

RobG

RobG Report 30 Oct 2008 18:17

Chris - I think that if you set yourself as the focus in whatever your own software is, then re-upload to here, you should then be the initial person you see here too.
Hope that makes sense.

RobG