Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it worth buying National Burial Index?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Redharissa

Redharissa Report 31 Oct 2008 11:37

Has anyone bought their own copy and would they consider it money well spent?
Are any regions better covered than others?
How much can it be bought for?
Is it worth waiting for the next release or is the current one up to date enough?
Thanks.

Redharissa

Redharissa Report 31 Oct 2008 11:50

My main areas are Wiltshire, Sussex, Suffolk, Bristol, Nottinghamshire and central London/Middlesex. Shropshire could be useful.

Sam

Sam Report 31 Oct 2008 12:20

You can check the coverage here: http://www.ffhs.org.uk/projects/nbi/nbi-coverage.php

Chose a county and then you should get a list of the parishes and years covered.

Sam x

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 31 Oct 2008 13:17

I don`t have any NBI discs myself , but believe that there are quite a few different editions around...... I don`t know wether the newest editons hold all the same info as the 1st one but with extra, or wether certain entries are only on 1 edition and not later ones, iv`e been thinking about getting them myself, so would be intrested if anyone knows the answer.

Nicky

Redharissa

Redharissa Report 31 Oct 2008 19:17

Thanks for that useful link. It is very informative!

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 31 Oct 2008 20:14

I have the second edition and have found some useful burials. the contents of the discs are now on the Find My past website,so credits on there may be more cost effective