Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Please RE 1901 & Birth search Wales ** *SOLV

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Camille

Camille Report 31 Oct 2008 12:17

Firstly can someone tell me in which month the census was taken in 1901 ? , I am also having problems trying to find a Ref. no. to order a certificate for a Birth in Wales in 1900. I have this person on the 1901 census aged 1 then living in Oxfordshire but states Born Bridgend ,Wales...is there anywhere I can look for Births in Wales in 1900 please ?, it is not showing up on Births England & Wales.

Thankyou for any possible help

Janice

Janice Report 31 Oct 2008 12:30

31st March 1901

Camille

Camille Report 31 Oct 2008 12:32

Many thanks Janice

Camille

Camille Report 31 Oct 2008 12:40

Just to say I have to pop out for an hour or so but will check in later for any more possible info. re my question on Births Wales

Thankyou

Hayley

Hayley Report 31 Oct 2008 13:18

Luelli -

Have you tried free bmd already? Not aware of anywhere specific you can check for Welsh births but boundaries etc have changed a lot in recent years. Was helping a friend the other day look for an ancestor that she was sure was born in Pyle in Bridgend, however I found the record under Neath, as at the time Pyle was part of Neath.

Try posting full details on here & I'm sure someone will help you search
Hayley

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 31 Oct 2008 13:18

Are you looking at Harry R Flatt born Bridgend on 1901 census?

Just wondering if the birth is registered as Pratt

Camille

Camille Report 31 Oct 2008 16:23

Hayley thankyou for your reply, I must say the situation you suggest hadn't occurred to me but I guess it is possible .
Sorry Hayley, Yes I have tried Free BMD

GB. Thanks for your reply, Yes that is the person I am trying to find Birth Ref. for , it is quite frustrating as I have his Death Cert. and located his Marriage but am really stuck on the Birth

Camille

Camille Report 31 Oct 2008 18:37

Thankyou Von for your reply , with GB's suggestion I have finally found this elusive relatives Birth, literally moments ago.

Thanks to you all for your input

Best Wishes

Lulli x