Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth/Deaths wrong names of parents, anyone had th

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 31 Oct 2008 15:42

I have found so many of my relatives deaths where the husband or wife has listed the wrong parents names on the death certificate on their partner/husband/wife.

Has anyone else had this?

Betty

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 31 Oct 2008 16:00

No............but I don't have Scottish people in my tree

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 31 Oct 2008 16:05

Lucky you Ericthered,

All mine have managed to forget the wife/husbands parents names. Most are Irish people who came to Scotland and married.

Betty

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 31 Oct 2008 17:09

hi betty
As another Scot I've come across this too..In my case they gave their grandparents names!!!
It must be the way the registrar asks:))))

carolyn
ps they had Irish connections too...hmmmm

mgnv

mgnv Report 2 Nov 2008 09:20

I've had one son who managed to forget his mum's forename - this necessitated getting his death rego, and fortunately his daughter got it right. We later found mother and son buried together in Turriff ABD - the dates matched, and my ggg gran did have her correct name.

PS No hint of Irish blood