Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Divorce records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 3 Nov 2008 22:34

Hi does anyone know where i can obtain divorce records ?

thanks

Peter

Peter Report 3 Nov 2008 22:50

Hi Karen,

From TNA.

Peter

Karen

Karen Report 3 Nov 2008 23:10

Thanks Peter

dutch

dutch Report 4 Nov 2008 09:13

Hi Karen ive just sent for my g,parents divorce papers,from national Archives just waiting for them to come,it cost eight pound 15 pence,they were divorced in 1904,hope this helps you
Dutch

sue

sue Report 4 Nov 2008 09:53

Hi can you please tell me how you find a divorce if you dont know what year or decade it was?

sue

Jayne

Jayne Report 4 Nov 2008 14:38

Sue - extremely difficult, unless you are dealing with very unusual names.

sue

sue Report 4 Nov 2008 15:26

no they are very common names and both long dead

se

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 4 Nov 2008 15:32

Not difficult if they were divorced up to 1937 - these are name indexed on the National Archives Catalogue. After 1938 they only hold a very small sample.

Mary

Mary Report 4 Nov 2008 17:19

I saw this and tried to find where you can look for a divorce record and left extremely frustrated! Grrr... you need to be a search genuis to understand it LOL

sue

sue Report 4 Nov 2008 18:33

mary i know exactly how you feel, i cant make head nor tail of it.
sue

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 4 Nov 2008 21:48

If you trying to search the National Archives Catalogue, you need to go to "Search the Catalogue", then put in the surname and in the reference box, put J77. Give me a shout if any problems!