Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Free Access to WW1 Records on Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 4 Nov 2008 16:56

Apologies if this has already been mentioned....

I have just had an email from the Lost Cousins website and it included the following info.

"Finally, I’ve just learned that during November it will be FREE to search Great War records at the Ancestry.co.uk site (don’t click the ‘Free Trial’ link unless you want to register for a 14 day trial of the entire site – you can search the WW1 records without registering). I couldn’t find anything there in respect of my grandfather, but you may be luckier."

Chris

RStar

RStar Report 4 Nov 2008 19:36

I have a subscription with Ancestry, but unfortunately cant find a thing on my war hero's.

Grandad Bear

Grandad Bear Report 11 Nov 2008 23:28

I have found quite a lot of info of my Grandfather and have downloaded it . i.e. Attestation, (signing on)disablement ,pension, hospital ,discharge,about 22 pages in all