Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Family At War BBC1 tonight

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda G

Linda G Report 4 Nov 2008 20:23

On BBC1 10.35 tonight and tomorrow repeated on BBC 4 7.30pm the next day.

Tonight Matthew Kelly and Phil Tufnell and tomorrow Eamon Holmes and Kate Silverton.

I really enjoy things like Who Do You Think You Are?, so when I found out that the BBC were going to do a World War I spin-off (of sorts) called My Family At War I was really keen to watch. I've always been fascinated and moved by the so-called Great War (its absurdity, its senseless killing and the way it ravaged pretty much every village community in western Europe), so this combination of family history and WWI was a must-watch for me. In the lead-up to Remembrance Sunday, I'm glad it lived up to expectations.( From Daily Mail magazine).

Watched first episode last night and it was really interesting

Linda

CLW2005

CLW2005 Report 4 Nov 2008 20:44

thanks Linda!
I'll tune in

Christine

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 4 Nov 2008 23:21

Ooh, that sounds so interesting! I wonder how long before we see it here in Canada? We're only about 9 months behind on Coronation Street!

maryjane-sue

maryjane-sue Report 5 Nov 2008 00:19

Is it possible to download these programs from the BBC web site? I often wonder if this is a way for other countries to see our programs.

I have really enjoyed the first 2 programs - but what really warms my heart is the loving care given in maintaining the cemeteries and graves of all our men killed over there.

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 5 Nov 2008 01:20

Hi Margaret...if you have speakers attached to your computer...log on to..

http://www,bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

then click on Family at War...that will take you to tonight's programme.

Linda

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 5 Nov 2008 02:20

Thanks, Linda, but after a few attempts cutting & pasting the address with no luck I finally realized that you had comma after www instead of period. Fixed that, finally accessed the site only to be informed that iplayer is only available to residents of UK.
So thank you for trying to help but it's a no-go.
Margaret