Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Natural Family/Adopted Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzy

Suzy Report 5 Nov 2008 12:48

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can show my mother's natural family and also her adoptive family on my Genes Reunited tree. Currently I have her real mother as her 'mother' but her adoptive father in the 'father' box. I don't really want to leave it like this, as it is misleading to anyone who might view my tree. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Suzy

Redharissa

Redharissa Report 5 Nov 2008 13:09

Create a 2nd partner for your father, also with your mother's name. Put your mum's adoptive parents with this duplicate and remember to put something in the notes explaining this.

Hope this helps.

Suzy

Suzy Report 5 Nov 2008 13:35

Hi Tracey

Many thanks for that suggestion. I didn't think if that idea and it certainly makes sense.

Best wishes

Suzy