Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cannot find a death Help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 13:56

Hello all members.
I need a little help in finding a death record for Amelia Morris dob 1910
{nee Gerrick}.have been looking for days.Only thought I had was she could have remarried,but dont know how to search that possibility.Any tips ,All help appreciated.

Cheers
Susi

+*+blossom In Essex+*+

+*+blossom In Essex+*+ Report 5 Nov 2008 14:00

Do you have any idea of where and when she died?

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 14:12

Hi Blossom

No idea where or when.I know she married in 1929 to a Edward Morris in Bolton Lancashire.Sorry.

Sam

Sam Report 5 Nov 2008 14:20

If you have no idea of where or when she died (or remarried) then it could potentially be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Did she have children at any point? That could narrow down the timescale for a death.

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 14:26

Hi Sam
Amelia had a daughter Margaret dob1933.I have searched for her without much luck.I.m beginning to think I must be doing this research all wrong

Thanks for helping
Susi

Potty

Potty Report 5 Nov 2008 15:23

Where have you been looking for the death? The only way you will find a death after 1920s is by searching the GRO index quarter by quarter, year by year.

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 16:31

Hi Potty
Thanks for responding.
I have gone through the index year by year so far no joythats why I am thinking maybe she remarried,after dead of Edward in1960 assuming I have the correct death for him.
Regards Susi

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 16:39

Hi Ericthered

I'm not after free.I have been looking on Ancestry and lots more so much so Specksavers will be really
pleased to have another customer very soon.Just thought someone may know a better way of going around this. I wont give up as long as my sense of humour and such nice people on this site keep on do such helpful things Regards Susi and thanks

Peter

Peter Report 5 Nov 2008 16:40

Susan,

Have you got Edward's death certificate? It might tell you whether she was still alive then.

Peter

Susan

Susan Report 5 Nov 2008 16:48

Hi Peter

No .I have not got Edwards death cert ,partly because I was unsure from 20 which to order but the 1960 one seems to match more than others.

Thanks you for your help.I will send for one.

Susi