Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

War Graves

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorna

Lorna Report 5 Nov 2008 14:09

I think I've found the record of my great uncle's death in WW2 on the Wargraves website. The trouble is how can I make sure it's definately him? I have older print-outs from this website that give additional details such as parent's or spouse's names but cannot find any of these on the new format. Please Help!

Many Thanks

Lorna

Jayne

Jayne Report 5 Nov 2008 14:19

Did you use the Commonwealth War Graves Site or some other ?

Lorna

Lorna Report 5 Nov 2008 14:27

Hi Jayne

Yes I've used the CWGC for this info. Wasn't aware of any more?

Lorna :)

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 5 Nov 2008 15:14

By no means all records on CWGC have NOK details..............some don't even have the deceased's age.............

Sue

Sue Report 5 Nov 2008 17:12

I have this problem with Albert Frost.He died on the HMS Bulwark in Medway when it exploded when the crew were loading munitions.

I ordered the death cert but it doesn't give me any personal info at all.

Sue

Jayne

Jayne Report 5 Nov 2008 17:17

It may be worth emailing the CWGC to se if you can get more info from their records or try this site ?

http://www.roll-of-honour.com/