Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

separation allowance

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret Lesley

Margaret Lesley Report 5 Nov 2008 18:40

hi, this is my first time so pls be gentle, i am trying to find details of my great grandfather HERBERT SHAW the only document we have relating to him is a separation allowance dated oct 1916 it is headed birth but my grandad (THOMAS EARNEST COX maybe born BURLEY) was born in 1907! mothers name EMMA BURLEY who married THOMAS COX before child was born

Margaret Lesley

Margaret Lesley Report 5 Nov 2008 19:14

thank you, i forgot to put nottingham in the query.

Margaret Lesley

Margaret Lesley Report 5 Nov 2008 19:41

i have my grandfathers birth certificate dated 1959 so obviously a copy but it says registered 7/02/1908 mother emma burley now wife of thomas cox, lace clipper, on the separation document it reads
(thomas ernest cox)
burley.
i am very grateful for your help where did you find marriage details please.

Margaret Lesley

Margaret Lesley Report 5 Nov 2008 19:57

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, i am finishing for today my brain hurts.